Each timestamp and expense record has its own audit trail accessible by clicking the plus sign on the far left hand side of the record on a user’s time or expenses sheet. Depending on features used, the audit trail contains:
- The Origination: The method of record entry at the time of clock out. Values include
- Clock: Real-time clock punch
- Time Entry: Manual entry using time entry form.
- Mobile Clock: Real-time punch from the mobile version of the website.
- The IPs: The in and out IP addresses at the time of the original clock punch(es).
- Show Photos: If photo timestamp is used, the in and out employee photos are available for review by clicking the Show Photos link.
- Geolocation: If geolocation is used, the coordinates and map are available to view by clicking the Clock In/Out Map link. Each location coordinate comes with an accuracy in meters. A lower accuracy number (in meters) number means a more accurate reading.
- The Audit Trail: A record’s audit trail shows all prior iterations of a timestamp or expense entry. The original record is at the bottom of the audit trail. The ID column on the left side of the audit trial will show this record with ID of 1. Any time a change is made to the record, a new row is created at the top of the audit trail. In order to identify exactly what changed from one iteration of a record to the next, look for the yellow highlighted cells in each row in the table. The changes between iterations of a timestamp or expense record are highlighted in yellow to help you identify what changed.