Using the accruals import/export tool to update employee balances
Accrual rates and balances can be updated for many or all users at once using an import text file (CSV format). The file can be downloaded from the import tool page. If your account already has accrual data input for your employees, the file will contain the current values of your employee’s accrual settings.
- Available accrual rate options are shown below. Enter them into the file where appropriate.
First of the Month
Twice a Month (1st & 15th)
Every Two Weeks
By Hours Worked
- All dates should be entered in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Balances should be adjusted for accuracy before the file is uploaded.
- Employees with no updates should be deleted from the file to avoid accidentally changing their data.
When the file is ready, return to the tool page and upload the file using the import feature.
It’s recommended to make a copy of the original file before you begin to modify it. In this way, you can restore the original rates and balances if required by re-importing the original file.
When you import your data, you may see error message. To avoid problems, make sure not to change the formatting. Specifically:
- Do not change the accrual rate text. Enter it into the file exactly as you see above.
- Do not change the column order.
- Do not change or delete the header row.
- Do not change the UserID or employee name.