Some employers and employees are new to mobile sites that resemble apps. The two are similar but there are some clear advantages to a mobile site over an app.
In fact, one of the biggest mobile trends happening right now is the blurring of the web/app lines where Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) will replace typical apps. Our software site is designed to easily shift towards this trend in the near future.
Benefits Employees Will Love:
- There is negligible data usage so does not impact an employee’s data plan.
- There is absolutely no battery drainage as there is with an app running in the background.
- Our GPS tracking does not follow employees wherever they go at work and so does not continue to follow them while the app runs in the background even after work (like some of our competitors!).
Convenience Employers Appreciate:
- There are no compatibility issues. It works on both iPhone and Android.
- It doesn’t require an install and is ready to use, right now.
- Data input is live. With an app, data may not necessarily be transferred in real-time. This could affect reporting. For example, if an employee were in a dead zone while working and/or traveling, the data could potentially be transferred after payroll were run, which could be problematic.
For any login concerns one may have, like saving usernames and passwords and creating icons for easy access, reference our Login section of the support pages.