While the Timesheets.com software is indeed DCAA compliant, conforming to DCAA requirements involves taking a minute to set up your account correctly. We recommend the following:
- Enable the Time Entry Cutoff date feature to prohibit past and future time entries (found on the Security tab of the Company Settings page).
- Enable the Automatic Password Update Requirement feature (also found on the Security tab of the Company Settings page).
- Require supervisor approval for manually entered time (setting number 4 on the Hourly tab of the Company Settings page).
- Require users to sign their timesheets and supervisors to approve employee time prior to closing payroll or archiving project time (electronic signatures can be enabled via setting 2-A on the Options tab of a user’s settings page).
- Enable email notifications for new alerts (found in the My Account Settings section of the My Account page).
- Restrict users from creating or modifying projects. Only administrators should be allowed access to this functionality. (See Section 2 – Security and Electronic Signatures on the Options tab of a user’s settings page.)
- Supervisors should not be allowed to add, edit, or deactivate users. These permissions should be reserved for administrators. (See the Supervisor Settings tab of a supervisor’s settings page.)
- Supervisors should be discouraged from modifying their subordinates’ time. If possible, given the constraints of your organization, you may remove the ability of a supervisor to modify time, leaving such duties to account administrators (setting 1-A on the Supervisor Settings tab of a supervisor’s settings page). Users should generally make any needed changes to their own timesheets.