To access company-wide account settings for project time tracking:
- Click the gear wheel icon in the upper-right, and click Company Settings.
- Navigate to the Project tab.
Below is a breakdown of each of the global project permission settings and how they affect user access. (The numbering of the settings below corresponds to that of the Project tab of the Company Settings page.)
1. Mark new project time as billable by default?
Enabling this setting will set the Billable property for all new project time entries to “Yes”, meaning all new time entries will be marked as billable. To grant individual employees access to change the billable property on new project time entries, visit their individual settings, then options page, and then adjust setting 2-E. To modify the billable property on multiple time records at once, select Tools in the left menu and navigate to the Billable/Unbillable Project Time Converter tool.
2. Set the default minimum time increment for new projects to:
This setting presets the default selection for the Minimum Time Increment option when creating new projects on the Projects List (accessed by clicking Projects in the left menu).
3. Allow users to start simultaneous project timers?
This setting controls whether users can run multiple project timers simultaneously. When this setting is disabled, a running timer will be automatically paused when a new timer is started.
4. Require supervisor authorization for all project timesheet entries and edits?
Enabling this setting will require that all manually entered timesheet entries and timesheet edits be approved by a supervisor or administrator. This setting does not apply to time entered using project timers. Note that this is only the default setting for new users. Changing this setting will not affect existing users. To adjust this setting for existing users, you should visit the Options tab of each user’s settings page and adjust setting 7-B.
5. Enable manual time entry?
This setting will enable access to the time entry form for inputting project time giving users the option to manually enter their hours. If this setting is disabled, users will be forced to enter time using only project timers. This is a company-wide setting; however, if you wish to give time entry form access to specific employees while restricting others to project timers, you may take the following steps:
- Set this setting, Enable manual time entry, to “Yes,” and click Save. This gives everyone access to the form.
- Click Dashboard in the left menu, and then click the gear wheel icon to the left of the name of the employee whom you wish to restrict to project timers.
- Scroll down to Section 2, option 2-D.
- Set For Project Time to Yes, limit to 0 hours. This setting restricts the individual user so they cannot enter any time using the time entry form, effectively limiting them to using project timers.
- Repeat these steps for each employee who should not have access to the time entry form.
6. Allow users to modify their own project time?
- If this setting is enabled and setting number 4 above is disabled, newly created employees will be able to make edits to their timesheets without supervisor authorization.
- If this setting is enabled along with setting number 4 above, newly created employees will be able to request edits but those edits must be approved by a supervisor before archiving time.
- If this setting is disabled, newly created employees will not have access to edit or request edits to their timesheet.
7. Allow users to delete their own project time?
When enabled, this setting prohibits users from deleting records from their timesheets.
8. Allow project descriptions to be viewed when entering or editing time?
This setting controls whether project descriptions will be displayed on the time entry form when users are entering project time or starting new project timers.